Welcome, get to know each other and warm up
The convivence of multiple disciplines merging into the User Experience (Business + User + Content + Interaction). An introduction to the product development ecosystem: Structures, roles, who does what in a product team.The digital touchpoints, its differences, and special requirements. The complexity of approaching product development in a digital, multi-platform ecosystem. Usability principles
- What is UX? What is Lean UX? Agile methods vs other methods. What is a sprint? The design spike. User stories and scrum methodologies in action
Team up in groups of 2 or 3 people and pick one of the provided examples, you’ll work with a company trying to address their problems and solving them through agile & lean methods.
- The MVP as the first goal. User centered design and the importance of research. Research methods: User segmentation, personas, marketing vs design research
Find which one of the given personas works for your company and why.
- Taking personas into user scenarios. Mapping a customer journey. Examples of customer journeys and how they work. Airbnb’s story approach to a customer journey
- Break down the user scenario for when your customer goes through a specific part of your product, and map their actions, interactions, contexts and steps taken. Quick presentation of your user scenario for the rest of the class
- Thinking, building, learning, and iterating. Creating a backlog of user stories, defining our MVP. Product Roadmap. The sprint 0. Moving user stories across a scrum board.
- With your idea for a product in mind, create a backlog with EPICS and FEATURES to be built. Develop user stories for at least two of the features, and analyze which roles you’ll need to be involved to bring the stories to “done”. Explain your backlog quickly to the rest of the class.